April 1, 2019
Tokyo Weld Co., Ltd.
Tokyo Weld Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") recognizes the importance of personal information and believes it is the Company's duty to society to handle all personal information properly. This basic policy for the protection of personal information (hereinafter referred to as the "Policy") is stipulated as follows in order to acquire, use, and safely manage all personal information in a proper manner. All officers and employees of the Company shall understand and comply with this Policy and make utmost effort to protect all personal information.
The Company shall comply with the following laws and other related statutes, regulations, etc. for the protection of personal information in order to handle all personal information in a proper manner.
- Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Order for Enforcement of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Guidelines Targeting Economic and Industrial Sectors Pertaining to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, issued by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
In this Policy, "personal information" means any information that is provided by each customer, including its name, address, phone number, email address, IP address, or other information that can be used to identify the individual customer.
Method of acquiring personal information
The Company shall only acquire the personal information of customers after clearly specifying the purpose of the use of personal information and obtaining their consent.
Purpose of collection and use of personal information
The purpose of the Company's collection and use of personal information is as follows.
- To provide the Company's products and services.
- To respond to customer inquiries.
- To distribute information on new functions and promotional campaigns related to the products and services that are currently used by the customers.
- To communicate information on maintenance schedules, important notices, and other necessary messages.
- To verify customers' identities and qualifications.
- To provide information and examine the feasibility of acceptance in response to employment applications and inquiries.
- For any other purpose of use as specified at the time of personal information acquisition.
Provision of personal information to third parties
The Company shall not provide any personal information of customers to a third party without obtaining their prior consent unless doing so has already been permitted by the customers or permitted under applicable law.
Disclosure of personal information
If a customer requests the Company to disclose what sort of personal information the Company possesses about the customer, the Company shall disclose the personal information to the customer without delay. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if such disclosure could lead to any of the following circumstances, the Company may refuse to disclose the information to the requesting customer, in whole or in part. If, however, the Company decides not to disclose the requested information as set forth above, the Company shall notify the customer of such decisions without delay.
- if disclosing the information would otherwise constitute a violation of an applicable law;
- if disclosing the information could damage the life, body, property, or other right or benefit of the customer or a third party; or
- if disclosing the information could cause significant disruption to proper execution of the Company's business.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the Company will not disclose to any requesting customer any information that is not its personal information, such as access logs, characteristic data, etc. in principle.
Correction and deletion of personal information
- If a customer finds that any part of its personal information possessed by the Company is erroneous, the customer may request the Company to correct, add to, or delete the information.
- If the Company receives from a customer a request as set forth in the preceding paragraph and deems it necessary to comply with such request, the Company shall correct the personal information, etc. without delay.
- If any personal information is corrected, etc. pursuant to the preceding paragraph, or if the Company decides not to correct the information as requested, etc., the Company shall notify the customer making the request without delay.
Suspension of use of personal information
- If the Company is requested by a customer to suspend the use of its personal information or delete it due to any of the following reasons, the Company shall conduct an investigation as necessary without delay.
- - The information is apparently used beyond the specified purpose of use.
- - The information has been apparently obtained through unjust means.
- If the Company conducts the investigation as set forth in the preceding paragraph and consequently determines it is necessary to comply with the customer's request, the Company shall stop using the customer's personal information without delay.
- If the Company has stopped using the customer's personal information or decided not to do so pursuant to the preceding paragraph, the Company shall notify the requesting customer without delay.
Modification of this Policy
The Company reserves the right to revise, modify, and amend this Policy without providing prior notice to customers, unless otherwise required to do so pursuant to applicable law, etc.
If this Policy is modified, the modified version of this Policy shall take effect the moment it is posted on this website, unless otherwise specified by the Company. If, however, any change made to this Policy is deemed by the Company to significantly restrict the rights of customers, the Company will send notifications to the customers by email or another means. The Company may also send notifications to the customers in other cases where this Policy is changed.